The incumbent will be responsible for supporting the Risk Policy in rolling out new and revised credit policy & risk appetite for flow and bulk MG business. He / she would also help in implementation and monitoring of rolled out policy during the underwrite process of MG approvals. He / she would provide support to underwriters in policy related clarification, improve credit norms on a regular basis. He / She would work closely with Risk Analytics team in monitoring portfolio and policy performance.
- Responsible for assisting policy head in developing, implementing and monitoring credit norms for various products of mortgage guarantee, incorporate variation in underwriting guidelines for product and lender segment strategies, develop norms for legal and technical nuances of different states, identify risk and opportunities & keep a tap on external product and policy development across lenders
- Responsible for providing U/w training to underwriters & CPA resources
- Responsible for providing policy related clarification & support to underwriters
- Responsible for process improvement through policy implementation
- Assist Policy Head in portfolio monitoring
- Help analytics team monitor movements in national and regional home prices and develop metrics with appraiser/vendor.
- At least 10 years working experience with large HFC / Bank
- Good knowledge of mortgage lending viz. legal (mortgage creation / title documentation) , technical (valuations & building bye law compliance) & consumer credit behavior nuances by geographies
- 1-2 years of experience in credit policy, data analytics and reporting would be added advantage
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in writing clear and crisp credit policy, preparing presentation and verbal communications to technical & non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Proven time management proficiency.
- High energy levels, “Can Do” attitude and works well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to work in teams and manage projects and deliver business results in a rapidly changing and cross-functional matrix environment.
- Resourceful, pragmatic and realistic approach to analysis with limited data and time